Tuesday, December 19, 2006

After 28 years, Drake basketball won Iowa

Drake-Iowa 047
On Saturday I went to the basketball game with some friends because they told me that this game was the most important. All of us were wearing blue colors and it was amazing to see Knapp Center full of blue.
Drake-Iowa 001
When I arrived there I noticed that it was a big game. It was full of people, television cameras, and the fans did not stop cheering up at any moment.
Drake-Iowa 082
Drake won during all the game and the final result was 75-59.
During the rest of the weekend I was studying for my "Communications in Society" exam, which I had on Monday at 7.30 a.m.
Also I was doing a web page about DULAP for my "Web Page Design" class.
varias 012
On Sunday night there was a special breakfast at 11 p.m. served by president Maxwell and other staff members. It was funny to go in the middle of our "Communications in Society" exam review to have breakfast. These things have never happened before in my university back at home.

And now in Spanish...
Y ahora en español...

El sábado fui al partido de baloncesto con varios amigos porque me dijeron que era el partido más importante del año. Todos íbamos vestidos con algo de color azul y fue increíble ver el Knapp Center lleno de color azul.
Desde que llegué pude comprobar que era un partido importante. Estaba lleno de gente, cámaras de televisión y la afición no dejó de animar un momento.
Drake ganó durante todo el partido y el resultado final fue 75-59.
Durante el resto del fin de semana estudie "Comunicación en Sociedad" para el examen que tuve el lunes a las 7,30 de la mañana y también estuve haciendo una página web sobre el DULAP para mi clase de "Diseño de páginas web".
El domingo a las once de la noche fui a un desayuno especial que servían el presidente Maxwell y otros miembros de Drake. Fue divertido ir a desayunar en medio del repaso para nuestro examen de "Comunicación en sociedad". Estas cosas nunca ocurrirían en mi universidad en España.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.