Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The semester is almost finished

I am almost done with my finals and the courses I have at Drake during this semester. In a few hours I have to give to a professor a part of the final exam of "Print Media Editing" that we can do at home and everything will be finished.
But now, it is 2 a.m. and I can not sleep. In just two days I am going back to Spain for Christmas, I will see my family and friends. I will be in my city, Oviedo, and I will go to Madrid, to see my friends and my university there.
I am worried about the weather and the planes, because I have to make four stops, and if I miss a plane, I know that I am not going to arrive for Christmas because all the plane tickets are sold out.
Should I take baggage with me? When I came to Drake in August, by huge baggage was lost between Chicago and Des Moines, and it did no appeared yet. All my clothes, memories, and things were inside, and it was very sad. Nowadays, four months later, I did not have any money from United Airlines. And on Friday I am going to fly with them again. :-(
Another sad thing sad is that three of my European friends here at Drake are coming back home like me, but they are not coming back to Drake in January. They are great people and I am going to miss them a lot.
I am almost all the day with one of them, and he was my travel buddy during all this semester to Las Vegas, Chicago, Miami y New York.
But let´s see it in the other way. I have new three friends and I have an excuse to see them, and Italy and Austria.

Fall Recess- Camino de Chicago 032
Andrea and me
Despedida de europeos 053
Shirley and me
Christoph and me
Christoph and me


And now in Spanish...
Y ahora en español...

Casi he terminado con mis exámenes y las clases que he tenido en Drake este semestre. En pocas horas tengo que dar una parte del examen final de "Print Media Editing" que podíamos hacer en casa a mi profesor y todo habrá terminado.
Pero ahora son las 2 de la mañana y no consigo dormirme. En dos días estaré de vuelta en España por Navidad y veré a mi familia y a mis amigos. Estaré en mi ciudad, Oviedo, e iré a Madrid a ver a mis amigos y mi universidad.
Estoy preocupada por el tiempo y los aviones porque tengo que hacer cuatro escalas y si pierdo un avión sé que no llegaré a tiempo para Navidad porque todos los billetes de avión están vendidos.
¿Puedo llevar equipaje en este viaje? Cuando vine a Drake en agosto, mi gran maleta se perdió en entre Chicago y Des Moines, y todavía no ha aparecido. Toda mi ropa, mis recuerdos y las cosas que estaban dentro, y fue muy triste. Ahora, cuatro meses después, no he recibido ningún cheque de United Airlines. Y el viernes vuelvo a volar con ellos otra vez. :-(
Otra cosa triste es que tres de mis amigos europeos aquí en Drake vuelven a casa como yo, pero no regresan a Drake en enero. Ellos son personas estupendas y los voy a echar mucho de menos. Yo estoy casi todo el día con un de ellos y fue mi compañero de aventuras durante este semestre en nuestros viajes a Las Vegas, Chicago, Miami y New York.
Pero vamos a mirarlo de otra forma. Tengo tres nuevos amigos y una excusa para ir a verlos y visitar Italia y Austria.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.