Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Here or there?

After four days here at home, with my family and friends I already miss Drake and all my friends, classmates, the classes, the professors, the campus, the weird American food, my Spanish students, the newspaper, my Spanglish while I am talking, the coffees at Mars Cafe, etc.
I have been in two big family meals with a lot of Spanish homemade food by my grandmothers, I have been walking around the streets in the center of my city, I saw some friends, I went shopping, I gave some presents and I received others, I read Spanish newspapers and magazines, I drank coffees, I took more pictures, and everything is perfect after five months outside home.
Now, I think that a part of my mind is in Oviedo and the other is at Des Moines.

With my parents/ Con mis padres
With a part of my family/ Con parte de mi familiaWith the other part of my family/ Con la otra parte de mi familiaAnd now in Spanish...
Y ahora en español...

Después de cuatro días en casa con mi familia y mis amigos, ya echo de menos Drake y mis amigos allí, mis compañeros de clase, las clases, los profesores, el campus, la extraña comida americana, mis alumnos de español, el periódico, mi Spanglish mientras hablo, los cafés en Mars Cafe, etc.
He tenido dos grandes comidas familiares con comida casera hecha por mis abuelas, he paseado por las calles del centro de mi ciudad, he visto a mis amigos, he ido de compras, di algunos regalos y recibí otros, bebí café, hice fotos y todo es perfecto después de cinco meses fuera de casa.
Ahora creo que una parte de mi mente está en Oviedo y otra en Des Moines.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.