Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back at Drake

I arrived at Drake on Monday afternoon. The planes were on time except the last one, between Chicago and Des Moines, which was delayed more than four hours.
Probably this was the longest travel for me ever. I started on Sunday, with a bus between my city and Madrid, I did not sleep during the night because I had to be at the airport at 4 a.m., and then I took three planes between Madrid and Frankfurt, Frankfurt and Chicago, and finally Chicago to Des Moines.
When I arrived at Carpenter Hall I saw some friends, but I went to bed soon because I was very tired.
Now I have a cold, and I am freezing. There is snow everywhere outside the buildings. Inside my dorm is warm and outside is freezing. I can not understand it.

Carpenter Hall- Residencia Carpenter
Drake 004
The campus with snow- El campus con nieve
Drake 001

And now in Spanish...
Y ahora en español...

Llegué a Drake el lunes por la tarde. Los aviones fueron puntuales excepto el último entre Chicago y Des Moines, que fue retrasado más de cuatro horas.
Probablemente, este ha sido mi viaje mas largo. Empecé el viaje el domingo en bus entre mi ciudad y Madrid. No dormí la noche del domingo porque tenía que estar en el aeropuerto a las cuatro de la madrugada, y luego cogí los tres aviones entre Madrid y Frankfurt, Frankfurt y Chicago y finalmente, entre Chicago y Des Moines.
Cuando llegué a la residencia Carpenter, vi a algunos de mis amigos, pero me fui para la cama enseguida porque estaba muy cansada.
Ahora tengo un resfriado y estoy congelada. Hay nieve por todas las partes fuera de los edificios. Y dentro de mi habitación hace mucho calor. No consigo entenderlo.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.