Sunday, January 7, 2007

The Three Wish Men have came

The Three Wish Men have came with lots of presents and funny moments.
On Friday, I went to the cathedral square of my city where there is a representation of the Nativity, I saw it and I took some pictures. A lot of people go there with their children because it is one of the most popular in Oviedo.
Then, in the afternoon, I went to a street in the center of the city to see the procession, with music bands, the Three Wish Men, animals, and presents. The Wish Men threw candies to the children who were excited because of them.
And during the night, the Three Wish Men came to my house and let some presents for me: books, money, clothes, chocolates, a cologne, etc.
And now the countdown has started, in just eight days I will be back at Drake. I have to admit that I miss Des Moines and the university a lot!
This week, I am going to Madrid two days to see my friends there and visit my university, I will have a dinner with my grandparents to celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary and I will organize my luggage.
People looked at the Nativity representation- Gente mirando el Nacimiento
Belen en la Catedral 013
Figures in the Nativity- Figuras en el Nacimiento
Belen en la Catedral 011
A music band in the procession- Una banda de música en la cabalgata
Cabalgata 036
One of the Wish Men- Uno de los Reyes Magos
Cabalgata 035

And now in Spanish...

Y ahora en español...

Los Reyes Magos han llegado con muchos regalos y momentos divertidos.
El viernes fui a la plaza de la catedral de mi ciudad donde hay una representación del Nacimiento, lo ví y saqué algunas fotos. Mucha gente va allí con sus hijos porque es uno de los más populares en Oviedo.
Después, por la tarde, fui a una calle del centro de la ciudad a ver la cabalgata con bandas de música, los Reyes Magos, animales y regalos. Los Reyes lanzan caramelos a los niños que están nerviosos por verlos.
Y luego, por la noche los Reyes llevaron a mi casa y dejaron algunos regalos para mi: libros, dinero, ropa, bombones, una colonia, etc.
Y ahora empieza la cuenta atrás, en tan sólo ocho días estaré de vuelta en Drake. Tengo que reconocer que echo de menos Des Moines y la universida mucho.
Esta semana voy a ir a Madrid dos días a ver a mis amigos y a visitar la universidad, tendré una cena para celebrar el 50 aniversario de boda de mis abuelos y organizaré mi maleta.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.