Monday, April 16, 2007

Last trip until China

Yes, I made another trip this past weekend. I went to Maryland to see another friend and her family that I didn't see since 2001.
In this case, she is studying at Maryland University, so I visited her campus, Baltimore and Washington D.C. It was amazing although it was raining all the time.
I arrived on Friday night after a flight from Des Moines to Minneapolis and then D.C. My friend went to the airport and we were talking for a long time.
On Saturday, I went with her to serve lunch at a homeless shelter that is for women and their children. It was sad to see the children and her mums without anything. The worst part was when the sock of a 3-year boy got wet and he didn't have other socks to wear. It is diffult to understand why people have so many children (in some cases four) when they can mantain them, but I cannot judge them because I have no say in it.

Afterwards, I went sailing for the first time in my life in the Baltimore harbor. I don't know how to describe it because at the begining the boat was moving a lot but then, I really enjoyed it.
We left Baltimore and we decided to go to D.C. We walked around the war memorials for more than three hours. So, we were very wet and tired after a great but rainy day.

Some children
IMG_0030.JPG
Sailing
IMG_0136.JPG
Baltimore
IMG_0130.JPG
American flags next to the Washington Memorial
IMG_0198.JPG
Donna and I
IMG_0214.JPG

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.